Flat tires can induce the rim of the tire to rest on the tire tread or on the ground possibly triggering in loss of control of the automobile or irrecoverable damage to the tire. One of the most usual causes for a flat tire is piercing of the tire by a sharp object, such as a nail, allowing air escape. Depending on the dimension of the slit, the tire might deflate slowly or swiftly. Which may result in the following problems:
- Failing of or damages to the valve stem;
- Permitting air to escape from the valve or creating damage by means of deliberate puncturing
- Rubbing of the tire against the roadway, ripping the tire, or separation of tire and rim by accident with additional objects;
- Extreme wear of the tire tread causing explosive tire failure or permitting roadway debris to tear through it
Some tires, particularly a slow leakage, can easily be fixed and re-inflated; others, particularly those from worn tread, need to be changed.
Here are some simple methods to catch tire issues before they become costly or unsafe. Take a good examination of each tire in a well lit atmosphere. Examine for unequal tire wear, which may be induced by:
- Excessive or too little air pressure
- Problems with wheel alignment or tire balancing
- Problems with the suspension
- Unequal tire wear might be an indicator that you could have to have your tires rotated
These might imply you require new tires– quickly. Driving with a flat tire, especially at high speeds, may result in a fatal collision. These problems have the possibility to create a blowout, inducing a loss of control that can easily be incredibly unsafe.
- Splitting or protruding treads or sidewalls that might imply there is wear or weak point
- Foreign objects that penetrate in to the tire (nails, screws, glass)
- Tread tearing away from the body of the tire
SIPAN TIRES AND RIMS DOES FAST AND QUALITY TIRE REPAIR IN OTTAWA
If you locate any of these issues, come see us for a thorough and speedy tire repair. We’ll inspect and adjust your air pressure and do an aesthetic tire check, and get you on the road quickly. Call Sipan Tires and Rims now to book your next flat tire repair service. Sipan Tires and Rims is thrilled to be your number one Ottawa, ON auto repair shop and provider of tires.
An improperly repaired tire may fail when driven at high speed causing loss of vehicle control. Flat or damaged tires need to be repaired by qualified personnel. Almost any sharp object on the road can cause a flat tire. We repair tire tread punctures up to 1/4″ in diameter. We do NOT recommend repairing larger punctures or punctures to the tire’s shoulder and sidewall. Do not attempt to repair the tire while it is still connected to the wheel. You must inspect the inside of the tire for hidden damage or risk weakening the tire. Punctures in the tread area may damage a greater area of the tire like the inner sidewall. Without removing the tire, it’s hard to see all the damage. Proper tire repair is critical and any puncture or injury to a tire will affect its performance. If you have any questions regarding your tire’s condition, we’ll be glad to inspect them for you. Call or email us to repair or replace your damaged, punctured or leaky tires.