Part of maintaining a healthy vehicle includes changing used or faulty tires. Sipan Tires and Rims offers quality affordable Ottawa, ON auto repair services and Tire Installation in Ottawa, ON.
WHAT IT IS
Tire maintenance is very important to the safety and longevity of your car. Tires need to be selected by the right dimension for the vehicle make and model. Tires should be bought in sets of four, or at the very least matching groups of 2 on each axle. You can shop for tires on our website by size, brand name, or car make, style, and year. Browse our huge inventory of tires, and compare tire specifications and costs before you buy, to see to if you are receiving the best tires for your needs and price range.
Tires wear in time, tread starts to become thin, which can result in the used wheel losing traction. This creates safety risks that can be avoided. Manufactures recommend tires must not be used for longer than 10 years. Replacing tires is suggested every 6 years, yet with regular usage tires being replaced every couple of years is more common. Wear happens with regular driving. Other factors such as driving habits, roadway conditions and weather may reduce the life of your tires.
You may need new tires if:
- Your tread is below 4/32, or can not pass the “penny” test
- Footstep is noticeably minimized or flush with the tread bars
- Irregular tread wear
- Bulges, bumps or soft spots on the tire
- Damages to the tire that can not be fixed
Speak with our mechanics about how we appropriately setup your new tires. This includes:
- Checking the lug nuts for wear
- Installing new valve stems
- Installing the tires
- Proper balancing of the tires
- Checking the disc brake caliper clearance
- Measure the distance in between calipers, wheels and rims to inspect for potential disturbances
- Tightening lug nuts to proper torque
Sipan Tires and Rims offers Tire Installation in Ottawa, ON
We are your place for all of your tire questions and needs! Browse our sizable stock of tires, compare tire specifications and prices, and make certain you are receiving the best tires for your needs prior to buying. Call us soon to schedule your next Tire Installation and auto repair service. Sipan Tires and Rims is thrilled to be your local place for auto repair services in Ottawa, ON and provider of tires in Ottawa, ON.
Your vehicle’s tires make constant contact with the road. Over time and with normal wear-and-tear, your become worn down. This can be dangerous when braking on wet or snow-covered roads. Hydroplaning occurs when the tire’s grooves are so worn down that they don’t channel water out from beneath the tread. When this happens, your treads only skim the water’s surface and the steering wheel won’t respond. Keep your tires in working condition.
How do I know if I need new tires?
- Your tread depth is below 1/16 of an inch (1.6 millimeters). To get a rough idea of your tread depth, use a penny and insert it “head down” into the tread. If you can see Lincoln’s entire head, you need new tires.
- Your tread wear indicator bar is visible. Flat rubber bars run perpendicular to the tread. If you see them, it’s time for new tires.
- Your tire’s sidewall is showing visible cracks or cuts. Take this seriously; your tires may soon start to leak.
- Your tires have developed bulges or blisters. Weak spots on tires show up around blisters or bulges and can blow out your tires.
If you see any of these signs, you need to have them checked and replaced. We carry a number of brand name tires to choose from, and our trained technicians will install them properly.
Come into our shop, call, or email us, and we will assist you.